Dash Cameras of 2023
Every driver needs a dash cam for enhanced safety and security. Cameras can record the road ahead, proving indispensable during accidents or incidents. With a plethora of choices out there, you might wonder which one suits you best.
When scouring the market for top-notch dash cameras, prioritize these features:
- Stellar video quality, even in dim lighting.
- Hassle-free installation and a user-centric design.
- Broad lens angles for comprehensive coverage.
- Continuous loop recording to maximize storage.
- Integrated GPS to log your routes and speed.
Our intensive research and trials pinpoint the Garmin Dash Cam 66W as the market’s top performer. This gem boasts a crisp 1440p resolution, a sweeping 180-degree view, and hands-free voice commands.
Another stellar choice is the BlackVue DR900X-2CH. It flaunts 4K Ultra HD clarity, dual cameras for front and rear views, and bonus features like Wi-Fi and GPS. Its design remains inconspicuous, ensuring zero distractions.
Diving Deeper into Features
Ultimately, your dash cam should tick boxes like impeccable video quality, user-friendliness, and added perks like GPS and Wi-Fi. The right dash cam not only offers peace of mind but also stands as undeniable evidence when needed.
Top Dash Cams to Consider
Our rigorous testing and research spotlight the cream of the dash cam crop. Each pick is unique, and we’ve ensured diversity by featuring only one model per brand. Our recommendations cater to various needs, from high-resolution captures to expansive lens angles. Discover our top selections below.
We highly recommend the ARIFAYZ Dash Cam for anyone in need of a reliable and affordable dash camera.
- The FHD 1080P video quality is excellent, capturing clear footage of license plates and road signs during the day and night.
- The built-in 2.4G WiFi and app control make it easy to download, edit, and share footage on social media platforms.
- The compact design and simple installation instructions make it easy to install and won’t obstruct your vision while driving.
- The 24-hour parking mode requires a mini USB hardwire kit, which is not included in the package.
- The WiFi connection can be tricky to set up if you have wireless Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
- The camera does not come with a microSD card, so you’ll need to purchase one separately.
We were impressed with the seamless loop recording and G-sensor, which automatically detects sudden shakes and collisions and locks the footage to prevent it from being overwritten. The heat-resistant design and 128GB max support make it a reliable choice for any climate.
Overall, the ARIFAYZ Dash Cam is a great value for its features and quality. We recommend it to anyone in need of a reliable and affordable option.
If you’re looking for a reliable dash cam that won’t break the bank, the BOOGIIO Dash Cam is a great choice.
- The 1080P Full HD lens provides outstanding image quality with a broader field of vision, allowing you to see every detail as clear as possible when playing back footage.
- The Ultra HD Night Vision feature ensures the clarity of images at night, making night shots brighter and preventing overexposure under strong light, obtaining crystal-clear recording.
- The 170° Wide Angle Dash Cam with 6G Lens captures more details and reduces blind spots to reserve the real scene.
- The large size of the camera may obstruct your view while driving.
- The camera can only be charged in the car, which means the cord will continuously hang down.
- The camera’s placement can be difficult due to its large footprint.
We’ve been using the BOOGIIO for several weeks now, and we’re impressed with its performance. The camera automatically starts recording when you start the engine, providing you with peace of mind while driving.
The G-sensor saves video evidence of collisions, and the Loop Recording automatically overwrites the unprotected files, making it easy to manage your footage. The Motion Detection feature will automatically start recording when it detects the movement of objects, and the Superior Night Vision, Parking Monitoring, WDR, Date Stamp, License Plate Stamp, and other features provide you with multi-scene requirement and a safe driving experience.
Overall, we highly recommend the BOOGIIO Dash Cam for anyone looking for an affordable and reliable camera. With a lifetime after-sales support and 7×24 hours technical support, you can rest assured that you’re making a great investment in your safety on the road.
We highly recommend the ShrinLuck 2.5K Dash Cam Front and Rear for anyone looking for a reliable and high-quality dash cam.
- Ultra HD 2.5K front video + FHD 1080P rear video for clear details and better security
- Large 3.2-inch full HD screen for a clear viewing experience and easy operation
- Made of professional aviation aluminum alloy material for excellent texture and heat dissipation
- Suction mount may not be very sturdy
- Rear camera cable may not be long enough for larger vehicles
- Some users have reported issues with the SD card
This dash cam is equipped with a 176° wide-angle front camera and a 160° wide-angle waterproof rear camera, recording everything without dead angle. The loop recording and evidence protection features ensure that the dash cam continues to record even if the micro SD card is full, and the locked video is not overwritten. The 3-axis G-sensor and accident lock feature automatically record emergency situations and save the video, providing peace of mind while driving.
The ShrinLuck 2.5K Dash Cam also features super night vision and parking monitor, making it a great choice for those who frequently drive at night or park in public areas. The easy installation and slim, compact design make it a great choice for any vehicle.
Overall, we believe that the ShrinLuck 2.5K Dash Cam Front and Rear is one of the best options on the market. With its high-quality materials, advanced features, and affordable price point, it is an excellent value for any driver.
We highly recommend the SPADE Dual Dash Camera for its high-quality video recording, user-friendly interface, and affordable price.
- The front and rear cameras capture clear 1296P and 1080P resolution footage respectively, with a 3″ IPS display screen for easy playback.
- The dash cam has excellent night vision capabilities, thanks to its 6 IR LED lights and Wide Dynamic Range. It also has a wide-angle front camera (170°) and rear camera (130°) to reduce blind spots and capture more details.
- The dash cam comes with a 32GB memory card and is easy to install and operate, with a suction mount that can be attached to your windshield in seconds.
- The 24-hour parking monitor function only works with a hardwire kit (not included).
- The sound it makes when turning on and off is loud and cannot be disabled.
- The dash cam does not come with a GPS function.
We were impressed with the SPADE Dual Dash Camera’s performance. The video quality is sharp and clear, even in low-light conditions. The dash cam is easy to install and operate, making it a great option for first-time users. The 32GB memory card provides ample storage space, and the loop recording and G-sensor functions ensure that important footage is not overwritten. However, the 24-hour parking monitor function only works with a hardwire kit, which is not included. The sound it makes when turning on and off is also quite loud and cannot be disabled. Despite these minor drawbacks, we believe that the SPADE Dual Dash Camera is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a reliable and affordable dash cam.
We highly recommend the CHENSIVE Dash Camera A3 for those looking for a reliable and high-quality dash cam.
- Three channel dash cam for front, inside, and rear monitoring
- Comes with a 32GB SD card for infinite loop recording
- Hidden design and easy installation
- No option for larger SD card storage
- Night vision could be improved
- Requires separate purchase of hardwire kit for 24-hour parking monitor
The CHENSIVE Dash Camera A3 is a triple channel dash cam that offers a 170° front camera, 120° inside the camera, and 140° rear camera. This feature allows for monitoring of the front, rear, and interior of the vehicle. Different screen viewing modes can be selected, providing 1080P video at the same time. The compact size of the dash cam doesn’t block your view or distract you while driving. The rear camera is easy to install, and it can be used after connecting with the front lens.
The 4-inch IPS screen car camera comes with a 32GB SD card (has already been inserted into the dash cam) and can work infinitely with a loop recording function. This driving recorder can simultaneously work with the front camera + the car camera or the front camera + the rear camera, providing you with more perspectives.
The CHENSIVE dash cam is designed to be hidden and easy to install. The angle of the front camera can be adjusted to fit your window, and the rear camera is easy to install. The dash cam will automatically turn on and record a protected video when it detects a collision. The current video will automatically lock to prevent it from being overwritten when the built-in G-sensor detects a sudden shake/collision. Accident scenes can be truly restored.
In conclusion, the CHENSIVE Dash Camera A3 is a reliable and high-quality dash cam that offers excellent features for front, inside, and rear monitoring. It is easy to install and use, making it a great option for those looking for a hassle-free dash cam.
Dash Cam Buying Guide: Navigating the Choices
Venturing into the world of dash cams? There’s more to it than meets the eye. A dash cam is a long-term investment in your safety on the road. Let’s delve into the essential features you should prioritize when hunting for the perfect dash cam.
1. Video Quality: Crystal Clear Footage
Details Matter: Ensure your chosen dash cam records at least in 1080p Full HD. This guarantees clarity, making crucial details like license plates easily discernible.
2. Field of View: Widen Your Perspective
|Field of View||Coverage Area|
|170 degrees||Super Wide|
A broader view captures more of the road and its surroundings. Aim for a dash cam boasting a field of view spanning at least 120 degrees.
3. Night Vision: Illuminate the Darkness
Night owl or not, your dash cam should function seamlessly in the dark. Opt for cams equipped with infrared sensors or superior low-light capabilities to ensure night clarity.
4. Size & Design: Aesthetics Meet Functionality
Whether you prefer a discreet mini-cam or a feature-packed larger model, consider your vehicle’s interior. Balance aesthetics with functionality.
5. Storage Capacity: Memory Matters
|Storage||Hours of Footage (approx.)|
Remember, more memory equals more hours of recorded footage. Prioritize cams supporting at least 32GB and boasting loop recording to maximize storage.
6. Bonus Features: The Icing on the Cake
|GPS Tracking||Log routes, speed, and location|
|Wi-Fi||Swiftly transfer footage to devices|
|G-Sensor||Auto-save footage during sudden jolts/crashes|
These additional perks can elevate your dash cam experience, offering convenience and enhanced functionality.
Armed with this knowledge, navigate the dash cam market with confidence. Remember, it’s not just about buying a camera—it’s about investing in road safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best front and rear dash cam with night vision?
We recommend the Vantrue N4 3 Channel Dash Cam. It has a front camera with 1440P resolution and a rear camera with 1080P resolution. The night vision is excellent, thanks to the Sony Starvis sensor and F1.4 aperture. The third camera is an interior camera with infrared night vision, making it a great option for ride-sharing drivers.
Which dash cam is recommended for live streaming?
The Thinkware U1000 is our top pick for live streaming. It has a 4K front camera and a 2K rear camera, both with excellent video quality. The built-in Wi-Fi and GPS allow for real-time streaming and tracking. It also has a parking mode that can detect impact and motion, making it a great option for surveillance.
What is the video quality of the Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2?
The Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 has a 1080P resolution with a 140-degree wide-angle lens. The video quality is good, but not as great as some of the other dash cams on the market. However, its small and discreet size makes it a popular choice for those who want a minimalist design.
What is the best camera for racing?
We recommend the BlackVue DR900X-2CH. It has a 4K front camera and a 1080P rear camera, both with a 162-degree wide-angle lens. The video quality is excellent, and it has a built-in GPS and Wi-Fi for real-time tracking and streaming. It also has a sport mode that can record at 60 frames per second, making it a great option for racing enthusiasts.
What are the differences between a GoPro and a dash cam?
While both GoPros and dash cams can record video, there are some key differences. GoPros are designed for action and adventure, with features like waterproofing and image stabilization. Dash cams are designed for driving, with features like loop recording and G-sensor detection. Additionally, dash cams are typically designed to be discreet and mounted on the windshield, while GoPros are more conspicuous and can be mounted in a variety of ways.
Vehicle Safety Essentials
Stay informed and drive safely!